Postdoc position available at USP – CLOSED
Purpose of the position
In the framework of the Molecules Initiative for Neglected Diseases (MINDI) Consortium, Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP) and Universidade de São Paulo (USP), two leading Brazilian academic institutions, are working in collaboration with expert scientists from the Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi) and Medicines for Malaria Venture (MMV) and have access to a very well organized network providing an integrated approach to modern drug discovery for tropical parasitic diseases.
São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP) Partnership for Technological Innovation Program (PITE) supports research projects in academic or research institutions developed in cooperation with researchers employed by companies in research centers located in Brazil or abroad and is co-funded by the companies concerned. The main aim of the program is to strengthen relationships between universities or research institutions and companies by facilitating cooperative co-funded research projects.
Specific job responsibilities
Successful candidates are expected to play a leading role within the drug discovery project and liaise closely with other drug discovery scientists (e.g. medicinal chemistry, parasitology, DMPK, safety, formulation), contributing to the overall project team. These roles offer opportunities to work in close collaboration with leading drug discovery scientists in academia and industry.
FAPESP fellowships are competitive in the country and are granted for 24 months plus possible renewal for additional 12 months. The current tax-free monthly stipend is R$ 7.373,10, plus initial moving allowance. The vacancies are open to Brazilians and foreigners. For more information on the FAPESP fellowship, please refer to www.fapesp.br/en/5427
- Ph.D. or equivalent degree in chemistry, medicinal chemistry, pharmacy, biology, parasitology, or microbiology. Candidates must have obtained the degree within the last 7 (seven) years.
- Outstanding record of scientific achievements as evidenced by publications, patents etc.
- Demonstrated international experience and ability to work within multidisciplinary teams.
- Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
- Previous hands-on medicinal chemistry and inhibitory assays with emphasis in malaria.
Skills and attributes
We are seeking for:
- 1 (one) highly qualified FAPESP postdoctoral fellow with extensive experience in cell culture and inhibitory assays, preferably applied to parasites, to join the drug discovery consortium at USP, São Carlos, São Paulo, under the supervision of Rafael Guido. The selected postdoctoral researcher will be responsible for the antimalarial profiling of chemical series provided by MMV.
Applications can be submitted only by e-mail, with attached documentation in PDF format, until February 28th, 2021 to Prof. Rafael Guido at email@example.com
- letter of interest;
- current CV including published papers attesting the capacity to carry out the project;
- one letter of recommendation.